Beef/Veggie Mac & Cheese
No fancy name here lol, just a delicious easy to make recipe that I put together tonight for the family last minute;). I was VERY pleased to see my daughter devour her serving, and my husband go back for 2 extra servings himself (that’s a big deal)!!
Try this out and let me know what you think:)
- Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 medium White Onion (in small dices)
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped up
- 1 Pepper, I used yellow (in small dices)
- 1 bunch of Broccoli (in small dices)
- 1 pack of pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1.5-2 cups of grated marble cheese (your choice really on quantity)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Boil a medium pot of water with salt. When it comes to a boil, add your pasta and cook it for the suggested time before draining it.
- While the oven heats up and water boils, chop all of the vegetables into small pieces.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. When it’s hot, add the garlic first and let it fry for a bit before adding the onions. Cook until the onions are fully transparent and golden. Then, add the beef and butter. Cook until all 75% of the beef is cooked, and then add the pepper and broccoli.
- While the pasta and the beef mixture cook, grate your cheese;). This is only if your didn’t buy Pre-grated cheese of course.
- Once all the food is cooked, start to layer your ingredients in a casserole dish. Start with the pasta, sprinkle cheese on top, then layer with the beef-veggie mixture, and repeat. The top layer will be an extra layer of pasta and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until the top layer is golden.
- Once ready, remove from the oven to let cool before serving.
Nom nom nom:)